Well, it's that time of year again. The end, that is. That is the time of year that it is.
Everyone else is doing top 10 lists to reflect on their output this year, but I'm not convinced there's anything so special about the number 10. Why stop there? With that in mind, here are all my favorite posts from the past year, representing a broad spectrum of topics: particle physics, thermodynamics, optics, fluid dynamics, rocket science, percolation theory, statistics, technology, law, and a few things just for fun.
- The coolest thing since absolute zero
- Could you light the Superdome with cell phones?
- An April Fool's Planck, for science
- Positrons in space!! and EXTRA EXTRA (positrons)! Read all about it!
- A close look at the new CISPA
- Putting the JATO rocket car to rest
- Riding on water
- Have we really found a tetraquark?
- B meson decay confirmed!
- Interpreting Fourier transforms
- Do Teslas really catch on fire less than gas cars? and No, really. Teslas are safe
- Science comics
- Why vaccines are important
- More Higgs updates from Moriond and Higgs updates from Moriond and The Higgs boson, fermions, and you
Here's hoping for more of the same to come next year! Happy new year everyone!
(if you liked these, you might also like my top hits from the previous year)